PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe BHX
Thread: FlyBe BHX
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2015, 10:02
groundhogbhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The96er - BHX/EDI

VCTen, a lot of the problems at BHX were normally down to Flybe having Duty Managers that used to interfere with those trying to get the job done and would throw their weight around at the department supervisors to get what they wanted, normally more than the contract was based on and attributing delays to the handling agent to cover airline problems. It never helped that their Ops were known to change the flying program on a whim, even if it meant stopping boarding a flight to use that aircraft for something else. Ops Flashes normally average more than one an hour and generally show that those making these decisions don't have a clue about the impact they have at the airports in question.

An example for you.
Ops: We need to get the spare aircraft ready for the next Belfast. The current one has a tech problem and can't fly into Belfast.
Me: You do realize that the spare is covered in snow and its stand hasn't been cleared.
Ops: Yes, but the other one can't go to Belfast.
Me: OK, where is the other aircraft at the moment?
Ops: On its way to Belfast.
Me: But you just said it can't fly to Belfast?
Ops: Yes, that's correct!
Me: So you want us to get an aircraft off a stand that is covered in snow and tow it along taxiways that are covered in slush to replace an aircraft that is tech and can't fly to Belfast that is currently on its way there?
Ops: Yes!