PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4,052 New Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2015, 00:40
Dlup9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikita, I am interested in applying for Emirates as Cabin Crew and I find all the information you give confusing since it doesn't seem to be shared by the majority of people I encounter who work there, and your website is basically the only real source of bad pub about them (at least written by some 1 who doesn't type like a 6 years old)

Note that I do not accuse you of lying nor am I saying that you're a bad employee or person, I am just trying to understand why it seems so terrible for some, and so amazing for others.

I am already working in the industry, as both Cabin Crew and Purser, so I know that what they show and the "image" they sell is not always the reality and helps attracting all the young naive people, but if I compare the conditions, lifestyle and experience to most other companies I know, they are fine. Now I know they might not always respect them, but I know enough Emirates CC to know they respect most.

I work in north america, unionized, and it is not rare for me to work a 20 hours shift, sleep in a 2/3 star hotel, and report for work the next morning 7-10 hours after arriving for another 10 hours shift. Our union hurts us more than it helps us, as most unions in America have become corrupted businesses trying to make money more than anything else. I have all pensions plans/health benefits and a 35$US/hour salary, so I cannot complain, but our management is as terrible (as they are completely clueless and incompetent and work there because they are well connected) I have only 2 weeks vacation and 0 sick days paid. Im not here to rant about my work, because it also has many benefits and it is a well recognized company with thousands of employees, but my job is considered by most people I know to be "top in the industry" and to me, comparing with Emirates, it doesn't seem like its the devil incarnated that you seem to make it out to be.

Now when I go online, on Blogs/Instagram/Facebook etc. all I can see is the Emirates CC sharing about having the times of their lives, having the best job ever and loving Emirates. I literally have been trying for weeks to find accounts on Instagram and blogs of people not enjoying it (and I have seen hundreds by this point) and appart from a few people who seemed to have never worked a day in their lives thinking it was going to be a luxury cruise instead of a job, I cant find any legitimate one. Also in the Facebook groups there are CC saying they're having the time of their lives, or that their CC friends are there for 3-5 years loving it.

Now I do not think you are lying, I do believe some management are racist, incompetent, and most of all corrupted, but sadly that's the reality of the a lot of the world in 2014, its just more apparent and upfront than in NA and EU for example. At my work there are also quite a lot of people who think of our company the way you do of Emirates, actually there are a lot more (no 1 quits really though because of the money... that makes for a "great" atmosphere..) But somehow there are a lot of us who do fine, never even met our managers, get promoted quickly, and there are other people who get 8 complaints per month and get met by management monthly, or call in sick or miss their trips because they partied too hard the day before and get in trouble. People's attitude is what gets them in trouble with passengers and managers more than anything and they don't realize it. I have never had a complaint towards me in years of working and I know people with more than 15 years that are the same. But the other half the company gets a complaint every month since day 1. Doesn't make sense.

Also, threads like this are contradictory to everything I read on your blog, so i'm not sure which one is true? (2 users are current CC for Emirates replying and telling their side of the stories)
THINK TWICE BEFORE APPLYING @ EMIRATES ? CabinCrew.com

Finally, if there are so many thousands of people quitting every month, including half of what they recruited in the whole 2014 year in September, why are new joiners still put in hotel so often because all accommodations are full and how is the company still running when its adding planes every month? I know that they are struggling a bit and are short-staffed, but it should be WAY worse than that the way you're describing it.

Humans are selfish by nature and work only for themselves, its not a plague that affects only the middle-east, shouldnt we do the same at Emirates? Just do your work by the book, ignore the pricks, don't let them get to you and when you are off work enjoy the amazing life opportunities it offers! It happens often enough that you get good crew and make good friends and can treat work as what it is, work, and live your life the rest of the time.