PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 21:15
Mr Mac

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts
Skipness One Echo
I would propose that the argument for basing those 777 was never ventured as interested parties within BA did, and do not really want that base, the same with Birmingham. The loss of the front end going east is hitting their load factors out of LHR as can be seen by the cut back in services on the routes to OZ. The Business class and Gran and Grandad going to see the kids / grandkids from a large chunk of the UK no longer use our supposed National carrier, or indeed the sparkling new LHR T5 or T2, which a colleague informs me is terrible but that is something else altogether. The market for the LH routes from Man was given up before the recession started, and I would say even if they had been there, some would have been given up during that time. However given that to grow your business you have to grow your market, surrendering the central manufacturing belt of the UK to the European opposition as well as further afield given there growth in high end cabin numbers may well be seen in future as a very accurate shot in the foot.

Oh as an aside, the 380 for the evening EK service is coming of the route to Rome, which amongst other things could not fill those premium cabins as well. See you in the bar maybe ?.

Regards
Mr Mac

Regards
Mr Mac