PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 19:18
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The IOS speak.

You know, despite being dubbed as 'mutterers', tendentious bloggers, the barking minority and other choice, albeit unsavoury labels; the quality of response to the Rev. Forsyth's ASRR is impressive. You'd be hard pushed to find better, the thing I like best is the willingness to voluntarily help, to be part of the reform process. Sure, all have vested interests and a particular bias toward their own area, that's natural and reasonable; AIPA would struggle to understand the intricate needs of the AAAA or the RFACA; but in essence, general agreement is writ large and clear across the responses.

If for no other reason than the unstinting effort, thought, discussion and expertise offered, the contributors to the ASRR and their response to the recommendations should be applauded. The comments, advice and the logic supporting the constructs are all worthy of serious consideration by the Minister as they provide a clear, considered, expert, industry supported pathway toward financially viable, operationally sound, legally compliant growth of a ham-strung industry working with a respected regulatory authority.

One thing is clear, we can no longer continue with the existing system, not if we intend to survive. Compare any of the following with CAIR 09/03 or the Chambers report and then decide which direction the industry should take. I know where my vote would go.

Time prevents in depth reading of all the respondents, however the following (IMO) summarise, very well, some of the published issues, not the unspoken ones, but within the constraints of the ToR and good manners, the message is clear enough. Choc frogs awarded to:-

AAAA.

AIPA.

BROCK.

RAAA.

RFACA.

Find the time, if you can and see what the mandarins will be trying to prevent. They are good at it and, it's been done so many times before; 2008 anyone.