PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 OEB Blocked AOA probes
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 18:27
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flagon

What is the aversion amongst Airbus lovers to actually having control of the aeroplane? I do not understand it.
Well, I am a Airbus lover just because is the type I'm flying now, and I always love the aircraft I'm flying (mandatory for me). And I can tell you that I always and actually have control of the aeroplane, so I cannot understand what you say.

As in any other aircraft you may have abnormal/emergency situations you have to manage. Nothing new.

my choice, if I were flying the machine, would be to DL and take the computers out of the circuit completely.
This is probably because you don't know the Airbus FBW aircrafts. If you do that you go to mechanical backup only, what isn't very wise. It's much better to go into alternate or direct law (through the computers). Maybe it sounds terrible for somebody who doesn't know about this situations, but I can tell you is quite simple.
ADR,s are controlled by pushbuttons. To push two buttons isn't difficult from my point of view.

I have flown B707 years ago (too many ) and now A320. I love both, but for sure the Airbus is much much easier to fly (and in this one we are only two crewmembers )

Trust me, it is just an aircraft. Of course you have to study as in any other, otherwise if you don't understand something you cannot complain. For sure there are things you don't like, again as in any other.