PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worst layover experiences?!?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 17:59
Mr Mac

Received 167 Likes on 102 Posts
Humble self loading freight here and former Sand Pit dweller - now only part time there, with my two Bits worth.

Capetonian
I was in Warsaw just before Christmas and the knock is still happening at the same hotel. Also had that issue in Almaty though the girls appeared to be better looking, not a connoisseur you understand !. Not had the issue you refer to in Accra but have had this in Lagos (it was part of an attempted bribe - 2 girls and suite but I did not play). Rio has also been a problem. When I was there last with a number of male UK clients it was like kids in a sweet shop with inevitable consequence's when it came to rounding them up for the trip home. The funny thing is none of these are below 5 star hotels with global chains so I am sure somebody on a kick back.

Harry The Cod
You were not at our Christmas party in DXB were you !, as I can honestly say it's along time since I walked into a bar with such attentive hosts (Burg Al Arab).

Most recent unusual one (November) was a Rat in the bathroom at the Four Seasons Langkawi - I did not bring it in before you ask, but GM up graded room - did not tell wife as I felled it with my deck shoe. We have had water buffalo / Green Mamber/ Viper all crash through or found in bathrooms, all in Africa but on Safari,s so you sort of expect it.

Looking forward to hear some other stories.

Regards
Mr Mac