PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 6th Jan 2015, 17:01
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see the Thread is still going strong

I was Googling RAF Albert the other day and got a bit sidetracked (as you do sometimes ) and stumbled across references to RAF Hercules Call Signs used by the Lyneham Transport Wing. Not just the usual Ascot 4000, 5000 and RAFAIR series.

That got me thinking ... maybe some of these Call Signs might jog a few more memories ... which might then prompt a few more stories to tell

Clearly ... as this is a public forum ... some ops will need to remain discrete.

As an aside ... I can only assume that the guy (who seems to be based in the Netherlands) who compiled this list also has a passion for car registration plates and/or train numbers

The Guide's Internet Callsign list - United Kingdom (GB)

Anyway ...

A few that caught my eye ... ELVIS, GUINNESS and STARTREK

SNOOPY is an easy one ... and I assume CIRCUS is likely to relate to support for the RAFAT.

There are some 40 other Call Signs attributed to RAF Albert on the list

Pictures

For those PPRuNe members who are possibly regular visitors to this Thread but are uncertain as to how to post pictures and would like to contribute ... please drop me a PM to make contact ... I'm only too pleased to help

Best regards ...

Coff.