PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKCAD License Conversion
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2015, 10:10
Brenteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captncannot and swh,

Thank you for your informative replies. I did fill out all the DCA papers, passport photos and logbook info, etc. A week after leaving HK, in mid-September, an interview mate of mine got a rejection letter.

I received the following email responses beginning on Oct. 3:

"Thank you for taking the time to interview with us at " " We appreciate the interest you have expressed in joining our company.

This email is to inform you that you have successfully passed the management interview, simulator assessment and technical test. We are now waiting for your medical result and license conversion terms result. Then we will seek for HR Dept and senior management’s approval for your employment. We will try to issue you the letter of offer as soon as the result comes out. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN OFFICAL OFFER."

Then I sent the manager of pilot recruitment an email, Oct.16th, asking him about progress on what I was lacking and within an hour he responded:

"Your medical check has been passed and we are waiting CAD for your license conversion confirmation. I will update you once I got the information for HKCAD."

I have since sent emails once a month and he and the licensing lady have responded saying they are still waiting. She even sent a new DCA607 form on Nov.20 that the CAD was requesting all applicants to fill out.

I am not exactly sure who is holding what up. Captncannot, you are right about the airline group in question.

Thanks