PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 OEB Blocked AOA probes
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2015, 22:13
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rsiano said:

Considering the effect that this computer makes it impossible for the pilot to over ride the nose down means to me to never climb on board an Airbus aircraft. Why do the authorities permit an aircraft with this characteristic to fly?
Really? This is a misunderstanding of the system, the entire point of the OEB is to provide pilots with a specific means by which to avoid the highly unlikely scenario that has occurred less times a Kim Kardashian wedding.

I suspect many if not most experienced Airbus pilots would have been able to get the aircraft in to alternate law if push came to shove but this clears up all ambiguity.

Personally, I would take control as PIC and have the FO switch off the two ADR's closest to him. (3 and 2) however Airbus doesn't care which one, it just states that it has to be done within 15 seconds. Now people as far as what is essentially a recall goes, this is as easy as it gets.

Vilas said:

This AD is not very comprehensive and doesn't cover both frozen Pitot and Pitot together can mislead the pilot if Pitots are also blocked
Perhaps I have misunderstood what you are trying to say. If you had the jammed, stuck or frozen AOA devices at the same time as a frozen pitot or pitot/static system (if that's what you meant) surely you would apply OEB 48 first and then apply unreliable airspeed.

As you yourself said vilas:
Frozen/blocked Pitot/static and frozen AoA probes are two different situations
Is this what you are referring to?