PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4,052 New Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2015, 21:38
Emmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If true, it's sad to see that Emirates has taken this kind of path.

I worked with them as cabin crew between 1996 and 2002. I had six good years with them. Top notch accommodation in central Dubai, really good trips, fantastic pay and a really good lifestyle in general. Adventures, parties, yachthing, shopping, sunbathing and friends. In return, they did work you hard and expected the very best of you. Even in those days, you could easily be replaced.

Still, they were a rather small airline and perhaps with a different mindset of management. Most colleagues were fine but as in any organisation, you would of course find the odd ones who were on a power trip for whatever reasons, either a co-worker of yours onboard or someone from management. As long as you kept your noise where it wasn't wanted you would be absolutely fine.

Of course there is a backside to everything. Many people come to the Middle East because there is no other option, which is the sad and hurtful truth. Emirates is not for everyone, the Middle East certainly isn't. Each and everyone has their own individual reason for being there. Do research before you go there, consider the options you have and make your decision based upon those facts.

My own reason; after nursing school I wanted to do something else and adventurous. Those six years were the best time of my life. However, all good thing must come to and end. I was fed up with the Middle East. Do I regret it? No. Would I do it again? Never.