PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Com Question
Thread: Com Question
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2015, 21:26
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piperboy

Bendix king have been forced to look to the likes of Trig because the corporate bean counters at honnywell have with the lack of foresight that only bean counters can have starved the GA part of Bendix king of development money. Anyone with talent and the drive to get on simply walked across the road in Olathe KS to the Garmin factory and found a better job.

The Trig / PS engineering tie up is far more of a joint venture, both Trig & PS engineering are very much at the top of their respective parts of the Avionic business and have got together to offer a very good product that brings the strengths of both companies to the market.

SimonT I am pleased that after such a poor start on this forum you found a solution to your problem, the Sigtronics intercom is a reliable unit ( I have two of them ) and is a cost effective way to go, for audio Quality it is not up to the PS engineering standards but will do the job to a reasonable standard untill you are ready to move on.

Whopity The intercom function was never built into early PA28's It was a lash up that used the radio's audio amp for a job that it was never intended to do hence the need to have matched headsets, it had permenantly live microphones, no squelch and appalling audio quality. In my opinion it was responsable for adding an hour or two to each PPL course due to the poor level of communication between instructor and student. Having been on both sides of the cockpit with this system I was more than pleased when my employer finaly fitted the sigtronics intercom and I could communicate clearly with my students.

Last edited by A and C; 5th Jan 2015 at 21:47.