PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R66 type rating course
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2015, 20:43
BlairS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robinson R66 type rating course

So can I ask the members here present for their thoughts on this.

I've just completed the first day of ground school for an R66 type Rating to add to my EASA PPL (H) licence. The organisation is a well known UK operator.

The course is EASA approved, and comprises 2 days ground school before any flying. The groundschool was quoted as £1495 for the 2 days but it now turns out that VAT has to be added so the actual cost is £1795.there are two of us taking the ground school, but the price is per person. Nice work if you can get it.

The course manual consists of an R66 Pilots Operating Handbook (ie just like the one that can be downloaded free from Robinson) and a folder that contains nothing but a few application forms- no course content, copies of slides, etc. When asked for copies of the course presentation materials, we were told these wouldn't be provided because they are proprietary to the training organisation who needed to protect their investment

Having undertaken numerous ratings and licenses, fixed wing and rotary in the uk and USA including the Robinson Helicopter Factory Safety Course, I'm very disappointed at the course cost and lack of course literature. And to find that the actual cost is 20% higher than quoted (verbally) adds to the dissapointment.

Am I being unrealistic in my expectations?