PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 16 Year Old Aspiring Pilot
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2015, 06:24
tecman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike, you've got some good advice already but perhaps I'd add that looking for an opportunity to do some flying of any sort would be a good idea. You didn't mention whether you've had any exposure to aviation and, assuming you haven't, just giving it a try out would be a useful thing to do. I've known high school aviation enthusiasts who've bailed after the Trial Instructional Flight and, conversely, people who had no aviation background who've decided that flying is definitely for them.

Acknowledging dollars are tight, why not rock up to a gliding club or one of the better RA Aus schools for a bit of fun? My own preference in the latter would be to find an outfit that does GA training as well. As others have noted, the people side of aviation is important and some involvement in the volunteer and social side of flying will stand you in good stead.

Doesn't matter whether you opt for the career in aviation, or fund your flying fix another way, the good school results in the core subjects are equally necessary. But I'm sure you already know that!

Last edited by tecman; 5th Jan 2015 at 08:33. Reason: typo