PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2015, 04:50
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘Taking over’…err I think??

Wow Ferryman there is no doubt about you..while I'm trying to make sense of some new dot arrivals you’re off making more dots - your either psychic or you've already got the script in your back pocket...

For mine there are some 'passing strange' goings on at the bureau which are definitely not SOP - well at least since Beaker (with M&Ms hand up his backside) took over with his muppetshow pantomine - & IMO deserve closer examination...

First there was that spin & wonder reply to REPCON AR201400079 - that the more discerning could interpret as a signed confession that the bureau no longer investigates regulatory oversight as possibly being part of the causal chain (risk mitigation) to an accident. But the most intriguing thing with that bizarre reply was it just so happened to be published on the very day the miniscule delivered his PelAir directive...WTF??

After the miniscule directive we then have the rumoured sin-binning of Beaker... But he either can't help himself and has gone rogue; or he is under some Mandarin's directive to begin muddying the waters in regards to the MH370 search effort; & subsequently starts leaking to the international press...

Then early in the new year ’15 we get expert opinion & comments from some senior TSI team members in regards to the AirAsia disaster… When before all such commentary - well for the last 6 years at least - was carefully sanitized, PC’d & re-re-regurgitated by the resident spokes-muppet Beaker (ps he has even got his own bureau sanctioned blog)...

"...Quotes which beg the biggies – has the ATSB worm finally turned?, and, who 'green-lighted' them to speak?.."

Hmm…perhaps we have an announcement pending in reply to this part of the Miniscule directive {& ASRR (Forsyth) recommendation 5}...

From the Miniscule speech:
...On a related point, I have just announced that I will shortly be appointing a new commissioner for the ATSB with a specific background in aviation. This will fulfil an undertaking made by the coalition prior to the election and also one of the recommendations of the report…
From the Rev Forsyth’s report:
To improve the ATSB’s governance, the Panel recommends that an additional Commissioner be appointed, with extensive aviation experience
IM(humble)O you could not go past an exemplary individual like Alan(PSM)Stray for that extra commissioner’s position...

However I also believe you could ‘kill 2 birds with one Stray’ & go one better and make him the chief commissioner. If that were to happen then it would be possible to finally turn the page on the PelAir debacle - & the Beaker BASR regime - which has inflicted serious damage to the reputation & integrity of our air safety watchdog the ATSB.

When the Indonesian BASARNAS finally find & recover the flight QZ8501 CVR/FDR it is a reasonable bet that the Stray mentored NTSC will ask the ATSB (Annex 13 CH5.1) to analyse the recordings in their Canberra laboratory. Maybe in a quid-pro-quo it could be suggested by - AS or his nominee - that the NTSC delegate (as per A13 CH5.23) an investigator to oversee the PelAir re-investigation; or better still - in the continued interest of détente - hand the whole lot over to the Indons for review would be the really decent & honourable thing to do…

Certainly beats the alternative i.e. the Sanga missive & Dr Walker delegation:
Kharon - Perhaps the psychic, voice mail analyst Walker can tell us at the next BRB séance...
In case you were wondering here is a link for that Doc Walker co-authored research piece: AVIATION RESEARCH REPORT B2005/0108 ...

Hmm…I’ll be back…

Last edited by Sarcs; 5th Jan 2015 at 05:11.