PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot ATC Incident at DUB
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 22:58
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If we are (as led to believe by an earlier post ) "reassured" by the fact that our Nige was "offered" a DUB ATC number to dial up up on arrival at destination, shouldn't we maybe leave it to two "professionals" to agree (or disagree) on the evenings events, rather than launch into a ( what certainly appears to me as a Scotsman) bit of an Irish/English barely disguised full on racist to-do.

I am trying (as aircrew, but with many friends working in ATC) to stay "professionally " neutral , it is too late at night to even mention the racial stuff( (well, I have already) but, this thread would be best served if the spotters/stirrers took their business elsewhere.

I think most "pilots" on here can probably raise an eyebrow to some of "Nige's" responses, I am equally sure a few controllers are thinking "Oh, why couldn't she have maybe just toned that down a few degrees."

I am at a loss to understand why this sort of cr@p is dragged onto a public forum really. If you go down to the local tax office, or are stopped by the side of the road by the cops, do you record it & splash it all over youtube ? no ? funny that. Many years ago (very many ) as a spotty youth listening to my coveted air band radio, I remember reading some legislation concerning listening/reproducing/transmitting. . . are you sad little people actually legally allowed to record/reproduce ATC/Aircraft transmissions ? & if so, why exactly ? apart from filling youtube with "new-era" gossip what the hell are you doing exactly ?