PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tattoos and future pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 13:19
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Onetrack, I have worked with many people over the years with tattoos and not one of them has shown any hint of having violent tendencies. Such a stereotype thing to say.
They may promote aggression in your eyes but your age may have someting to do with that. I'm not being ageist, but every time I hear negative things said about tattoos, its nearly always from the older generation. Theyre just more accepted in society these days.

You can't discriminate against someone just because they have tattoos.
But, I do agree that if you have tattoos, then maybe its better to have them covered up when in uniform. Certain tattoos may well create the feeling of uneasiness amongst others. LOVE and HATE on the knuckles probably arent going to get you far in the aviation industry.

One of the most placid and decent guys I ever worked with was an offshore guy who was always wrapped up due to working outside. Turned out he had virtually every part of his body covered with tattoos, but I never knew that for 3 years because he'd avoided having them where they could normally be seen in normal clothing. Long sleeves etc.