PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo airline in China (low hour pilots)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 12:34
A310Capt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In addition to my previous message - Uni-Top A300-600 positions

Just to complement, the reply's speed does not feel like a typical Mainland China Company. I used to fly A300-600's in China (based in Macau S.A.R.) and this whole thing definitely sounds weird. I also read here that some of you (1)- were asked to pay up to US$ 2,000 to attend an interview (No such a thing, ever!!!) and/or (2)- were asked to travel to Nuremberg for screening at your own expense (a decent company would at least reimburse you for the ticket & hotel/food expenses, once you got there). Now, is there an A300-600 full flight simulator there? To my latest knowledge, the only FFS for A310 / A300-600 in Germany was in Berlin, operated by Lufthansa. But that was until mid-2009.

I only sent a CV to those people out of curiosity, as I just got rated (again) on B737NG / BBJ. Although I enjoyed my times on the A300-600 / A310-300 (some 3,000+ hrs., on 3 different operators), there were only some 186 units of those acft delivered by Airbus Industrie. Some crashed and most of those fleets are nowadays owned by FedEx, DHL and UPS. Hence it is no longer a very strategic type rating to keep, as its marketplace has been going down the hill for a while.

Best of luck to everyone in 2015.