PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Com Question
Thread: Com Question
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 10:52
GBEBZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Rod1

Extended Squitter? Mainly because I don't believe I need one, well not until t least 2020

The GTX 328 is IFR certified for aircraft operating under 15,000 feet and with a true airspeed of under 175 knots. - thats me

Rod1 - I have read your 2009 forum posts over on the flyer.co.uk forums, banging on about not fitting the 328 and the CAA advising that then, and here we are in 2015 and there is still confusion over when/if ES is actually going to be needed for private/non-commercial flights outside airways

*If* and *when* needed I'll upgrade again - isnt that what life is all about :-)

Common Questions | ADS-B Academy | Garmin
What is an extended squitter? | ADS-B Academy | Garmin

Europe — The European Commission recently announced a delay in the deadline for aircraft operators to outfit their aircraft with ADS-B Out equipment. The original compliance dates to operate in European ADS-B airspace were Jan. 8, 2015 for new aircraft and Dec. 7, 2017 for aircraft needing retrofit installations. The new compliance dates are June 8, 2016 for new aircraft and June 7, 2020 for aircraft needing retrofits.
Anyway I've hijacked this thread enough now, any further comments can be emailed me direct

Kindest regards
Phil.

Last edited by GBEBZ; 4th Jan 2015 at 11:13.