PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 10:38
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interestingly it seems if you put your ear to the ground that BA/AA JV is worried by the potential of DL/VS at MAN, and waterside are considering defensive action. Depending who you talk to that 'could' include action at MAN by BA themselves !! Sounds mad I know, and I personally doubt it as I can't see any success here for BA, but seems the least that is happening is BA is considering it's options regarding MAN.
If the outcome is more routes from any of these 4 airlines from MAN then I would welcome it. It would be nice to see BA long-haul at MAN again, though whether it happens is another thing. If VS/DL continue to expand at MAN then it'll no doubt start to impact on BA/AA's market share out of MAN, especially if there's direct options available instead of changing at LHR or somewhere in the US.

The question is, if AA was to expand its presence at MAN and/or if BA choose to re-establish long-haul operations at MAN, what routes would they do? Would they plug the gaps to places such as BOS or LAX or would they compete on existing routes such as MCO (even though that's well served by VS and TCX and TOM to SFB)?

Later on in the questionnaire it became apparent that it was for Manchester airport. Maybe MAN are looking at San Francisco, LA, Boston & Miami to add to their USA flights?
Well, Thomas Cook are launching MAN-MIA flights this year, so I wonder if MAN are trying to get a second carrier on the route to appeal to those connecting or aren't booked on a package holiday or to fill the gaps on the days TCX don't fly to MIA.

Last edited by 116d; 4th Jan 2015 at 11:04.