PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot ATC Incident at DUB
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 10:36
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happens all the time at most airports, particularly those with frequent delays. Guy alongside calls for start/push, doors still open / no push back in sight, it is a great way of jumping the Q, unless the tower (or the guy parked alongside you, who you are trying to screw ) is paying attention.

liffy2A, I have not been in DUB more than 6 or 7 times this last 5 years but, I am mystified by your comment "The problem with DUblin is the short taxi to the runway. Cabin was not obviously ready and to start taxing to the holding point in the first place blocking all departure was not a great idea. However crew may not be familiar with that in Dublin. " is it mentioned somewhere that you don't call for taxi until fully ready for take-off ? if so that would be a first for any airport.

Individual cabin crew competence/motivation , pax behaviour & a thousand and one things can influence how long it takes to get the cabin ready. If we all taxi at 3kt I would wager that100% of the time we would be ready on reaching, & then we would have a "Nigel taxies at 3kts" thread. If the layout of the airport is so cr@p that one aircraft not being ready holds everyone up behind them, I would suggest that good old Irish skill of yore (laying of tarmac) should be used to good effect to build/extend a holding area alongside the holding point, & the procedures amended to mandate a passage through this area unless lining up immediately . . . This seems to me a very "local" problem, which operators could be advised of, but surely shouldn't have to change procedures (I.E don't call for taxi until fully ready for take off ) to accommodate.