PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I join ST Aerospace Qatar Airways MPL Cadet Pilot Program?
Old 4th Jan 2015, 10:07
Mach1.1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where on earth does artistry get his ideas about the MPL syllabus from? As someone who has written an MPL syllabus I find his comment about such syllabi being written by a bunch of twits both inaccurate and insulting. As further proof of his apparent lack of knowledge on the subject, what is the basis of his totally unfounded statement that MPL students are tested every 3 hours solo as opposed to CPL students being tested every 15 hours? First of all, the MPL syllabus is competency based which means that there are no tests. Secondly, I assume that he is referring to integrated CPL students since there is no solo flying on a modular course (apart, perhaps, for the solo element of the initial PPL course). At the school where I used to instruct until relatively recently solo students were given a check flight every 14 days to ensure their continued ability to deal with an EFATO or a forced landing. Not only was this done irrespective of the number of hours flown since the previous one, it was applied to integrated and MPL students alike.

An MPL syllabus is divided into four parts, the last of which has to be undertaken by the sponsoring airline for the award of a type rating. This element of the syllabus is usually sponsored by the airline (repayable by the student) and as such it is unlikely that the airline would not offer the students a job at the end of it. Also, contrary to misinformed belief, an MPL license does not in any way limit the holder to employment by the airline that sponsored him/her. It is valid for any airline whose aircrew are required to hold a license from the issuing authority. In the case of an EASA license that could mean any of the EASA signatory countries.