PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot ATC Incident at DUB
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2015, 08:40
Admiral346

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hardly know a place on earth I would like to be less than on an active runway.
It is a pretty dangerous place, with heavy things moving very fast all doing their best to hit me at some point.
So when being cleared for takeoff, I'll see to it that we get moving quickly, and after landing, I'll do my best to get off that fastlane with minimal delay.

Also, if there are checklists to be carried out during lineup, I find those procedures designed rather poorly. During lineup your eyes should not be on a piece of paper or a computerscreen, but take a glance of the killer items (flaps, fuel, trim) and otherwise stay outside and scan for those fast pieces of metal, that even the best controllers have missed before.
I don't see how taking a phonecall would improve safety at this point.
If a controler tells me to get off that strip, I'll follow that advice gladly, and sort out all the talking and arguing at a safer location (a taxiway, for example).

And if I was the guy behind such an aircraft as the BA is being portrayed as in the Youtube clip, you would most certainly hear my voice on the frequency too, uttering words that would make every Bavarian blush.