PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenley 2015
Thread: Kenley 2015
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 20:29
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Kenley 2015

I am having a 'day off' from 'rag dragging down west' on Sept 15 2015 and coming back to my No 1 spiritual Home ( Kenley ) for a Kenley 75 Walk.
I was hoping to fly in for this, but the way things are with all the 'crats' this is unlikely so i will prob use Redhill (No 2 spiritual home) for the trip.
If there are any former Cadets from 450 or Staff Cadets from 615 (59-73 ish) out there who want to meet up then will be pleased to see you.
As the 2015 Air Day is now cancelled i am having my own trip back down memory lane to revisit this historic battleground where i had my first ever flight in 61.
In those days the Airfield and Camp were still in their former wartime state,and operating as a functioning RAF Station with all normal facilities.
Regular powered flying ceased in 59,but 615 Gliding School stayed and is still there (Well Done).
As i lived locally (Kenley Village) i grew to know the place very well and have now produced a current aerial view of the site showing the position of the demolished buildings.
Anyone interested pm me for more info,and about the Kenley Raid picture.
PP