PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly,
Thread: Pay to fly,
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 19:07
lucille

Received 115 Likes on 60 Posts
John Smith is right. I've read his post, nowhere do I see him advocating that his opinion is a fair or just outcome.

He is merely paraphrasing what the bean counters and HR have been saying for years. Everywhere I've worked, I have perceived a sense of envy and a latent desire to cut down the tall poppy by most of the back office staff.

Many decades later, it's become the unpalatable truth about the race to the T&C bottom.

We now fly almost crash proof aircraft, ATC has improved, systems have improved. De-skilling of the profession is happening before your very eyes.

Shortly after deskilling of the job comes appropriately unskilled staff working for far lower wages.

How far away do you think UAVs are? Other than the court of public opinion, what else is stopping them from being implemented?

Sorry guys. I'm not gloating, I was lucky and had a good run. I doubt the current crop of 20 year old airline aspirants will have it as good. It's not fair, but that's the way it is. You have to face the future with eyes wide open.

Last edited by lucille; 3rd Jan 2015 at 19:56.