PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 16:08
GarageYears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On topic, eh?

Is there any chance this thread could stay on topic, i.e. AirAsia 8501?

At this point for every one post about 8501, there are 20 posts about other flights, that are supposed, through some assumed causal relation to 8501, but mostly that link is simply "they crashed"....

There is some news from the search teams, there is some wreckage being recovered, so why aren't the clues that this information that is available being discussed?

One thing we can rule out is the aircraft landed intact on the ocean surface as some of the more radical news outlets tried to propose. I say this based on the wreckage we have seen pictures of and the number of bodies.

However, can we rule out some level of in-flight breakup at this point? I feel not, however if there is any evidence to the contrary let's discuss.

But all this talk of other aircraft loses seems at best a waste of bandwidth. We have no idea which, if any of these, are related. I suspect we can only start down that path when the FDR/CVR data is available.