PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A&P Written exam scores - important?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 13:39
wrench1

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
As MC stated, get hired. Get experience-even 6 months can be enough in some cases. Then look for right location etc. Back in the day, airline recruiters would tell new mechanics to go work helicopters in the GOM for 6mos then call them back. And they would always take a few extra guys back with them.
Its not quite the same now, but the basic practical experience they got on hyds, engines, drivetrains, etc in that time was enough to get them hired by the majors. I was tempted a few times but I preferred helicopters.
If you really want to raise the bar, also pursue experience on avionics/electrical. GOOD avionics techs with an A&P are a commodity. Throw in good computer skills and you will be able to pick and choose your dream job after a few years.
If you push yourself, you'll be sitting on a gold mine as the baby boomers start retire in mass. Follow MC's advice and look for the job first. Your internship at Delta would be an excellent place to start since you already have it lined. Once at delta start asking a million questions to those people there.
Good luck.
W1