PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech Log Paranoia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 09:57
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stinger

The wording of a maintenance exposition is usualy negotiated between the regulatory authority and the maintenance company.

It is usualy the quality manager who gets involved with this sort of thing, what you can get written into the exposition is entirely down to how well your quality manager knows the regulations.

For instance most EASA 145 companies can only do work within their own hangars or pre defined areas, due to he type of work we do we have approval to use any place that the quality manager or chief engineer deem suitable. This unusualy wide approval had to be justified to the regulating authority and we only got this because our quality manager knows the rules better than the authority !

My advice to you is to read the EASA 145 rules until you know what you want to do ( tediousness defined !) and then use this Knowlage to push your maintenance provider in the right direction, unfortunately I can't help you further than that as I don't know exactly what you are looking for in terms of pilot simple and limited maintenance tasks or just how much scope you wish to give the captain to move defects from the defects to the Defered defect section of the tech log.

I also suspect that your maintenance provider may be using the manipulation of restrictive rules to their financal advantage.