PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin landing gear incident LGW!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 09:33
MrPeabody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMOC,

My screen resolution has been a bit off so post #168 was a heavily pixelated and I couldn't definitively see the bend or much else. Either several reds, or the shedding of my crap multifocal lenses, or the computer coming good (not sure which one) I can see what you are referring to.

The restrictor check valve is meant to slow the gear primarily at the bottom of the cycle; so the momentum doesn't tear it out when the downlock engages. So I'd rule that out given the gear has only fallen a small distance. However that amount of damage is indicative of hydraulics being powered, I would suggest on the retraction cycle.

The gear has tripped the uplock which then powers the doors closed; the doors have hit something on the way in. I saw the dimpling you are referring to and guessed peppering from tyre fragments possibly.

The only other scenario for the doors to be that bent that I can think of is if the gear was hydraulically powered down into them. Can't get my head around the failures or selections to do it though.

NSEU,

I have had the misfortune of seeing all the items you have shown painted white (including the fire blanket on the aircon duct). However you are correct; this should have a yellowy tinge (if it were white) from all the hydraulic leakage.

Bloom,

I have not seen the ads you are referring to; however would suggest to you that 1 prune is not enough and 6 laxatives is far too many!

Last edited by MrPeabody; 3rd Jan 2015 at 09:37. Reason: punctuation