PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New shortage of pilots.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 08:49
Vpilot53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Green Goblin I totally agree with your comments but I am in a similar situation to maybegunnado. I think what he was trying to say is it is frustrating to see Airlines in Asia and Indonesia taking other pilots with just a basic Endo and a CPL with 250hrs. I think Indonesia may have looked at it all wrong. The problem was not only hiring pilots that didn't have time on type. It was a 250hr pilot with a CPL and a A320 Endo. You would have a better success rate if you picked up pilots out of Oz with 2000 Hrs an ATPL and 1500hrs Turbine time. As previously mentioned in the posts it's all about companies not wanting to pay people with experience. The problem with Indonesia is they will create a big pilot shortage with the current Law. The amount of Aircraft on order VS pilots VS What they are willing to pay. 4 regional Airlines have gone belly up in the last 18months. We have a flooded market with airlines losing money and not many aircraft on order. Our pilots need to start looking offshore if they want to continue.