PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Holiday cheer from your Medical Department
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 06:05
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a somewhat out of fashion term that was once the watchword of professionals (including Doctors of Medicine) and that word is 'integrity'.

Who (in their right mind?) would ever seek to be diagnosed and / or treated by a doctor in Dubai (and / or, come to that, anywhere in the Middle East)?! Geesh, even (and indeed especially so) the leaders of these nations (and senior VP's in various airlines too) regularly choose to fly overseas to (dare I say it) '1st world nations', when their own health is at stake. Basically they (i.e. the doctors here) are not trusted... go figure?!

My experience of doctors in Dubai is that they are far more interested in lining their pockets first, than in making any honest diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment. Indeed the typical first contact one has with their medical practice's will be with their insurance claims operative, i.e. the one whom checks that you're sufficiently well-insured before you can visit with a Doctor.

Wrt doctors here, it seems more about self-aggrandisement first and patient care second!