PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 3rd Jan 2015, 02:16
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Design

For the moment we don't know what happened.

1. But why did the information of the very crazy vertical speeds, aswell climbing and descending, seen on the radar scope, need so many days to be published?

Some individual seem to have been quickly informed : to build a storry?

2. Is it the core of the crash of the Air Asia A320? But once again we have the discussion about the zoom climb followed by a decreased lift -stall or drop- possibly due to the "system".

I will say it again and again, any system, FBW or classical- needs absolutely two qualities : OBSERVABILITY and CONTROLLABILITY :

In the classical -and simple, because we don't need complexity to fly!- aircrafts, without these limitations called "protections", the pilot uses his/her stick to control the effective system, for instance to avoid overspeed.

But in a FBW system the pilot is "limited" in his/her action in that controllability.

In consequence we need another actuator to control the aircraft after that limit is reached. In the gums' F-16 exists a Nz actuator on the top of the stick controlling Nz and gums may control his aircraft. But in Airbus airliners no such actuator exists... Controllabilty is lost...

My question is : who decides during the design which actuators will be present to do what? Aeronautic Engineer or System Engineer? I think the latter who did not order the actuator to the first