PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network display in Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 19:38
Keef

Official PPRuNe Chaplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AO, it's a good stimulus for the little grey cells. Mine are due to start atrophying around now, so every little bit helps.

SD - no, they are both (all) Work Network.

I am baffled by the fact that the same PC, wired, displays OK, but that PC via wireless, or not present, prevents the display. I've been trying to work out what setting or combination could achieve that.

Before the new laptop arrived in here, the desktop's "display network" worked. Now that the new laptop has connected, the display won't work without it in "wired" mode.

I just had a thought ... could Windows Media Centre have anything to do with it? That asked me, as soon as the laptop connected, for permission to access the music libraries on the desktop. I told it NO then.

Off to have a play.

EDIT: having played with settings, Windows Media Player is now activated and each device can play music from either device. No effect on the Network-not-displaying though.

I noticed that the printer is shown as being connected via the laptop even though it's directly on the router, so I "removed" it in the laptop control panel. It still showed on the network (as I think it should) but still as via the laptop.

I think that's enough of this game.

Last edited by Keef; 2nd Jan 2015 at 20:07. Reason: Further investigation