PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What got you here, won't get you there. The greasy pole.
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 17:00
Two's in
Below the Glidepath - not correcting

Received 60 Likes on 18 Posts
I was well trained for the task and in the main everybody I led was perfectly capable of replacing me.
And that is the key to success TOFO. If you have shared your knowledge and experience with your team where any number of them can replace you, you are a great leader. All too often fragile egos and small penises prevent passing on the appropriate knowledge, just in case somebody realises you don't have to possess a massive intellect at all, you just have to be smart. Every day is the Emperor's new clothes in one way or another.

The article also stresses a vitally important aspect of work; flogging your butt off everyday without a break not only makes Jack a dull boy, but it makes him operationally ineffective. It's all to easy to get into a routine of extended hours and weekend working through habit or some misplaced sense of 'looking busy". There's a time for the 24/7 routine but don't do it when you don't need to. It takes strong leadership to make sure people are not at work if they don't need to be. Weak leaders thrive on long days and no time off, as it requires no moral fibre whatsoever.