PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Spirit Planning Burnie RPT?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 13:14
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have bitten my tongue until now but enough is enough.

Over the years I have seen Bizjets come and go with a Metro as well as Murray Valley with the Irish schoolbus into and out of Devonport as well as Aus Air out of MBW.

All went West on a smaller market than Wynyard.1

Base line facts are 25% minimum traffic is oncarriage. Write that off going into MEB.

Transport out of MEB is sketchy. When I was a kid the tram went right into the airport. Correct me if it isn't the case but I believe it no longer does.

Anything smaller than 34 seats will not entice the punters and never has, as the Metro Kendell services n the middle of the day didn't after the takeover by the fat butthole from TNT of the EW operations.

All I can see as an obvious is negotiations pending between the Port of Burnie, the Burnie Council and Wynyard/Waratah involving an undisclosed sling to open services that will no doubt fall over. It smacks of Impulse being thrown a big dollar that was never fully disclosed to open Launceston operations.

There is no logic to this so therefore operating to a commercially dead zone must be for reasons of short term financial gain.

The Councils down here aren't clever enough to avoid a spinning propeller.

Best all

EWL