PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Com Question
Thread: Com Question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 12:44
150 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Simon,

Welcome both to PPRune and aircraft owner$hip !

I can't answer the question, but can comment on PPRune as a relative newbie.

When posting on this forum, it is like walking into a bar on a Friday night at 21.30 and saying 'I've just bought a [delete as appropriate] Porsche/Ferrari/Lambourghini/Ford Focus. Anyone got any views on that ?'

You know what will happen in that situation - If you're lucky someone will know someone on the design/testing team, someone will work for a dealership, someone will have rebuilt one from scratch, someone will have driven one for 20 years. Then again, someone will have watched a Top Gear review and will base their response on what Clarkson said, and someone will have known someone who's second cousin once removed's best friend's sister in law had one and experienced nothing but trouble. And that doesn't count the drunk at the end of the bar...

Not suggesting that any PPRuners fall into the latter category BTW

In real life we learn to filter out the true experts to ignore the bull, PPRune is no different.

Also worth bearing in mind that in PPRune, just as in real life, sometimes the best advice will come from the grumpy old git halfway through his second pint who has seen it all before.

Lastly, no matter what you fly (and I speak as a Cessna 150 owner !) you will find warm welcomes and positive comments on your plane wherever you have the privilege of landing.

Good luck, many happy landings with your new toy.