PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia
Thread: AirAsia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 10:16
Lowkoon

Location: HK- A little bit of industrial China in every breath you take.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnadenberg, dont get me started on MPL's surely the only people who still believe in that little experiment are the accountants, it was a way of reducing the lofty 170 HRS TT down to 80. Was anyone really surprised when the result was well, close to half? Remember the memo the poor guy who had to pitch it to us as "not a cost saving exercise", but rather a better way? He must have been choking on his own vomit as he typed.

EBT... In the right hands, it could be a valuable tool. Note I chose my words carefully there. Train the skills we need on a dark and stormy. The skills you suggest we practice are fine, lets just move on from the V1 cuts that used to be useful in a Bristol Blenheim. Flying around asymmetrically is an essential skill, no question, but lets move it beyond the regulatory box ticking exercise we face time after time.

You mentioned cadets and general knowledge. You shouldn't get a cadetship without it, no exception, if you cant demonstrate an interest in aviation, don't expect to pitch up and have a million dollars spent on you.