PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly,
Thread: Pay to fly,
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 09:13
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SR71_ can you tell me the direction Monarch and TCX salaries have taken in the last couple of years?
No idea. Has there been a general trend one way or the other or have drastic corrections been made in the light of their respective financial performance?

No one is arguing that a business must adjust their unit costs in the light of trading conditions, just that, I do not think that, in general, LHS salaries in our industry are about to fall off a precipice and hit ~£40K because of whats going on at entrant level.

Arguably, it is the level of subsequent recompense that keeps the Flight Training Schools in business as kids are still queuing up at the door. Potential career earnings still make the gamble worth it...

So you can have one or the other but not both. If salaries adjust to much lower levels, that ought to drive the flight schools out of business as prospective candidates turn away from the industry, it no longer being worth the gamble. Prices for training would have to adjust.

I wholeheartedly agree, though, running Commercial Flight Training Schools as businesses in their own right is industrial stupidity on a colossal scale for which we have only ourselves to blame.