PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet MPL 2014 OAA/CTC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 07:35
Ezympl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck to those applying this year. I made it onto the program this year and I am in ground school.

The easyJet backing is superb, we get monthly visits from liaison pilots and have also had visits from the head of pilot training and the head of recruitment. They are also working through the logistics of offering jump seat rides to the MPL students.

The ground training from the Oxford Instructors is also very good, some have done hundreds of courses so are very experienced.

The only things to watch out for are:

EasyJet and Oxford have very high standards, quite a few Cadets dont make it through ground school (4 last year?) and some drop out during flight training. If you fail an EASA exam, its possible you will lose your place on the course. With the Flight training, you are being constantly monitored to make sure you are progressing as they expect at that point in the training. If you are struggling its very obvious and as the flight training is condensed it might not be possible to catch up.

The big concern at the moment is that parc and Oxford are putting cadets into bases that are hard to fill otherwise. I believe on the last 3 courses that have left Oxford, all the cadets have been sent to either Portugal or Spain and are locked in there for 24 to 36 months. The downside to this is that the pay is 50 GBP per hour in the UK and 50 EUR per hour in the continent (although for Portugal the local laws say you need to be permanent, so you are on a salary from day 1 there). I didn't look into the CTC EZY MPL, however they gaurantee a UK base. If that is important to you, it might sway the decision on which to apply to.

Good luck with selection..

Last edited by Ezympl; 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:29.