PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Jan 2015, 01:42
Azzurri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B777 F/O vs DEC A320

Hi Guys,

I have an interview coming up for a B777 F/O position, but am thinking about expressing a simultaneous interest in the Direct-entry Captain A320 (no experience on type) option. In other words, if it were advantageous to the company, I'd make myself available to go in a different direction at moment of fleet assignment.
Although I'd be pleased to continue on the big Boeings, I'd also be happy to help out for a handful of years as an A320 captain. Both options are of interest to me, and is why I'm considering letting recruitment know about it.

Would anybody like to comment, or advise against making such a suggestion or whatever?...

Thanks for your input in advance.

Azzurri

PS: I am not trying to game the system; I merely wouldn't mind a LHS on the A320 if the opportunity presented itself - it appeals to me in the same way that getting onto the B777 does. That's all.
PSS: And no, I didn't mean both types at once... Either one fleet, or the other.