PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 1st Jan 2015, 16:57
Springer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And it's not just 'Asian' crews. Some of the folks I fly with still think it is an entitlement to play video games and watch movies on their tablets while at the controls. After NW 188 overflew MSP five years ago and the feds pulled the pilots' tickets some of this stuff died down but now it's getting worse, not better in my observation.

I started to say something but it was a long trip ahead and some of these folks act like you've taken away their birthday if you mildly imply that the captain is in command. I guess it's a generational culture thing.

Since you are from TN we may have flown for the same airline. Saw a marked difference when I went to the left seat. Stuff I would never do as a F/O without asking the captain happens all too frequently. On a domestic flight, first leg the F/O (PM) pulls out a book at cruise. Next leg F/O (PF) pulls out said book prior to the transition altitude. I tell him to put it away and he ends up pouting for the rest of the trip.