PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde- Let her fly on
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 01:11
SuperStreaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most (if not all) want to see Concorde continue to fly well into the future, Airbus can jack up the cost of the support or farm out the parts production to a contracter (Boeing ) but I'm sure they looked into that

I loved the software analogy, but it's crap. Concorde is far superior to WindowsXP, it's only crashed once and it's 30+ years old

If the grinning sweater wants to try and make a go of it, let him, it's after all his business decision and he wants to remain profitable, I'm pretty sure that BA would have no problem with VS going tits up over this. I'm also sure Airbus don't want to support the aircraft at a loss, so why not make a decision to make a profit on it, or very least break even, Airbus do after all (from what I can see) hold the cards. If I purchase something should the manufacturer then be obligated to support it to obselescance?

When all is said and done, I would love to see the avionics and other 50's/60's kit replaced in a new production run but who would buy/operate this unique example of British-French cooperation?