PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2015, 14:54
eastern wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all let me say that I hope things continue to improve for BFS in 2015. It has been a rough few years but ,at last,they seem to be turning the corner.

I wonder though at the link some v people on here are making between the current owners and a route choice.

I have absolutely no doubt that the marketing department will be working hard to achieve sustainable profitable routes. The fact is though ,that the owners want the same. The pension fund backers are blind to whether or not a Canadian route is desirable. Whether a Canadian route can turn a few bucks for them is their prime concern.

It was demonstrated in the not too distant past that NI and the border counties COULD sustain MULTIPLE routes to Canada and the US. Until the economic situation in the average punters disposable income improves THAT sustainability and profitability may remain in doubt.

Before I left 18 months ago there was talk of Emirates or Etihad pitching up. Ryanair are conspicuous by their absence and there was even a discussion of a weekly CHINA (airline unknown) . Nothing has happened with those ideas (so far as we know) .

Perhaps 2015 will be different.