PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WD MyCloud
Thread: WD MyCloud
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2015, 14:45
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
I assume you have been granted remote access already?
Affirmative.

. . . from the local network your have to add your email to the allowed list, you should get an email from WD to confirm and select a password.
Done, but I was a bit worried I was about to take over the entire authority of the system. It just didn't seem to define me as some sort of guest.

. . . login with above details and select the drive and click view shares, and a Java applet (you might have to use a different browser or update Java
I allowed Java to update.

. . . will open showing the shares. Click open and it will open in windows explorer and show as a network drive.
It shows in Start. Computer okay. What it doesn't do is show on the Windows Explorer 'tree' either for me in England or him in Dublin.

(My Seagate did show as a drive with an assigned letter but I seem to remember it being a bit picky and not being there occasionally. There was however always some reference to BA (black armor) followed by a number.

This has to be done every time you reboot your computer and lose connected, I don't think you can auto connect to the Mycloud drive.
Useful information that. Thanks.

I'll play some more and report.