PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly,
Thread: Pay to fly,
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2015, 12:55
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I can't see how it does either, and I also fly for an operator than doesn't discourage the practice of manual flying skills. However, you were suggesting that EASA were seemingly responsible for training pilots with a history of flying skills, who were in turn flying aircraft into the ground.

I couldn't see the actual correlation and asked for an example. The example you suggested involved pilots who couldn't have basically trained under this regime since it didn't exist at the time.

The result of this is that you are being flown by some of those who only got into the cockpit because they had the money to do so. The system is starting to look a little like the British Army of the 1700's were rich family's paid for the commission of their sons.
Perhaps, and indeed life can be unfair in that respect. However given the gross oversupply of potential candidates, it is one natural way of reducing that imbalance. People often find a way around these hurdles as is the case in so many other aspects of life. The training that improves the safety doesn't usually suffer simply because you or your family could afford to pay for it.