PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly,
Thread: Pay to fly,
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2015, 12:44
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub

While there is a lot of discussion within the industry about the erosion of basic flying skills you seem to be defending the very system that has has been overseeing the safety during this erosion of skills.

Fortunatly I fly for a company that encourages the practice of manual flying to prevent the erosion of these skills, at the same time I am told of a UK A320 operator that has prohibited the disconnection of the auto throttle system.

I can't see how the prohibition manual flight can be a positive way to maintain basic flying skils.

The social mobility issue is also part of the problem within the UK, as the Govenment refuses to help in any way whatsoever an aspiring pilot ( and tax at 20% flying training !) those with talent but little money can't afford to get into the industry.

The result of this is that you are being flown by some of those who only got into the cockpit because they had the money to do so. The system is starting to look a little like the British Army of the 1700's were rich family's paid for the commission of their sons.

Last edited by A and C; 1st Jan 2015 at 12:57.