PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to fly,
Thread: Pay to fly,
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2015, 12:26
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One man's paradise is another man's hell.

I went to University for 7 years and graduated onto a pay scale making 1/3 of what I do now.

I left it because some professions just aren't respected in this country. Why work my socks off in a far more intellectually challenging job (than flying) for peanuts? Does that make me "clever"?

One wonders when Stockbrokers pay is going to readjust when everyone realises the "unqualified cads" are merely gambling with other peoples money? <shock horror>

Recompense settles at the level it does for all kinds of reasons.

Personally I can't see an adjustment to the levels suggested taking place at EZY soon. Stock price ballistic, oil price bottomed out...the operation is a printing press at the moment isn't it? If the pilots can't resist that imperative at this point in time, though, I suppose we should be worried.

Do us a favour John, and let us know what LHS salaries have done at your mob over the last 10 years, including the inflation adjusted ones. I'm pretty sure VS and BA LHS salaries, although experiencing downward pressure, don't demonstrate a trend heading towards £40K any time soon....