PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2015, 08:11
jackthelad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last one out is a rotten egg!

As at 0800 today Im told 41 pilots have left. Many did not sign the worst contract in the Southern Hemisphere.

Im told, pilots had until 1700 EST to either sign the 2015 c*ntract or be considered unemployed by the company on 1st Jan 2015. And that they would be paid their existing entitlements at the new B scale wage. According to all sources this did not cause the mad rush anticipated by Foo's crew.

According to a reliable source there where several late night phone calls made by senior management to key crew offering them to talk numbers.

Pilots where also told that from Jan 1st they would be removed from rostered duties. Many pilots waking to 2015 to find not only have they not been removed but they had extra flights added. Sound like opps normal.

Sounds to me that management are putting the total blame on the crew for their own shortcomings. Do they still have 25 or 26 Boeing 767 Captains for 2 aircraft of which one is nearly always away being serviced. I wonder how many of those 25 or 26 are checkies on the highest of high incomes but hardly ever fly.

Gentlemen and Lady (i believe she is leaving or even left) there are greener pastures to feed upon, dont be worried your skills and expertise as pilots in PNG are held in high regard in other parts of the world and will serve you well.

Goodluck with it all, I can only imagine those that did sign the 2015 c*ntract signed it because it pay just a little more than a job search allowance. Cannot imagine many of them giving the required 8 minutes notice required under the new fantastic deal once the get a better ride.