PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Underground Site
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2003, 23:10
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LNAV VNAV:

Yes they do, the normal channel of complaint is to the head of the Department and if that does not resolve it you then go to the Regional Director.

If there is still not a resolution the next step is to the Director of the department i.e. Maintenance and Manufacturing in Ottawa.
Should there still be no resolution your last line of request within Civil Aviation is the Director General Civil Aviation in Ottawa.

Should you still have not received a resolution the next step is Mr. Robert Sincennes the Director of "Quality Assurance " for all of Transport Canada.

If he does not solve the problem the next step is contact your M.P and ask for his/her assistance.

If you are solvent enough to be able to afford a good Lawyer you then have the courts to appeal to.

In my case the complaint was very simple, my company was given an Inspector who had a personal dislike for me prior to my having applied for a Flight Training School Certificate. From the start it was evident I was in deep trouble with this individual as my permanent Inspector so I wrote to the Regional Manager of M&M and tried to explain my problem, well several letters later things had deteriorated to the point that my Lawyer wrote to the Regional Manager and requested the removal of this Inspector.

To make it short I was denied another Inspector which of course crippled my company and I finally went bankrupt due to not having any means of earning money.

I have taken all the steps outlined above and also filed an harassement complaint.

Going on three years later I have still not received any real resolution to this matter, except for the findings of an investigation ordered by the Regional Director General Transport Canada that came to the conclusion my complaints and requests were justified, and the Regional Manager of M&M had denied me due process which resulted in my company going out of business.

Now that they have come to that conclusion they have informed me that should I wish to receive any compensation for my losses this is their position now.

Quote:

" Should you wish to seek damages against the Crown, I suggest that your legal council commence action against the Department through a formal process that will involve contact with the Department of Justice. "

There that should clear up your question on how to resolve a complaint against Transport Canada.

By the way, any suggestions on how I should proceed from here bearing in mind I can't afford lawyers?

Chuck