PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - e-mail reply question
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2014, 20:46
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
e-mail reply question

One might think that after 16+ years of using e-mail, that I would know the definitive answer to this !

We received an e-mail from friends today, husband and wife with their own e-mail addresses. The husband wrote it and C.C.'d. the wife.

Neither ours, nor any other addessees, were visible, tho' we suspected that we were just one of many of their circle of friends, clearly ours, and the other addressees, had been sent as B.C.C.'s. So far so good, no contest.

In wanting to reply, Mrs.ExS was undecided whether to "Repy" or "Reply All". She wanted to include the wife's address in the reply, so "Reply All" seemed the way to go, but she was concerned that this might also send it to all the B.C.C.'s ??

I initially thought not, but then could not be so sure. Was my first instinct correct ?

In the end I suggested that she "Reply to" then physically add the wife's address as a C.C. of her own, that way we know for sure that only the husband and wife would receive it.

Maybe different e-mail programmes/clients treat this in a different way, I use Outlook and Mrs. ExS. a variation of Yahoo! dictated to us by an arrangement with a local ISP ie. we don't use a Yahoo! address, but it is handled via Yahoo!

Side issue ... I find that when I send a lot of B.C.C. addresses, that list does not appear when I look at my "sent mail", so a week later I can't remember to whom I sent it ! Is there any answer to that ?

Thanx.