PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 31st Dec 2014, 09:34
cozmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ranger one:You're telling us what the crew did - even as the first bodies are being pulled from the water - AND you're repeatedly dissing Airbus with no justification.
First, check the fleet of Air Serbia (which is my country) and tell me which planes do we have. Let me assure you that we have very competent crews and instructors. So, yes, there was some noted problems. Also, our ground stuff (JAT Tehnika - ie Air Serbia maintenance facility) are not so pleased to have A320 in fleet. Too much engine problems (two serious engine problems in two days this month with unstable AC behavior), electronic problems etc. Spoke last night with a chief tehnician. 737-300 and 400 series which we had (and still have in fleet) were so much better in every maintenance aspect. Maybe we are old-fashioned but we have one of the finest crews in the world, and very well trained maintenance stuff with cooperation with Lufthansa Tehnik etc. JAT and Air Serbia both have a very good safety record because of that.

Too much praise on Airbus planes. I am just real.

Exactly my words earlier on the forum:

"
Aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas spoke to several check captains and believes the pilot of QZ8501 encountered difficult weather conditions but flew too slow in his efforts to avoid it.
'The QZ8501 was flying too slow, about 100 knots which is about 160 km/h too slow. At that altitude that's exceedingly dangerous,' Mr Thomas said.
'Pilots believe that the crew, in trying to avoid the thunderstorm by climbing, somehow have found themselves flying too slow and thus induced an aerodynamic stall similar to the circumstances of the loss of Air France AF447 to crash in 2009.'
'I have a radar plot which shows him at 36,000 feet and climbing at a speed of 353 knots, which is approximately 100 knots too slow ... if the radar return is correct, he appears to be going too slow for the altitude he is flying at,' Mr Thomas said."

All the best.